Weekly Offerings

In these very difficult times where we are unable to celebrate the sacred mysteries of the the Mass together, many parishioners have contacted the Parish Office, asking how you can continue to give to work of God within the Parish. Most Parishioners are used to putting their offerings in the basket every week, clearly this isn’t possible at the moment.

There are still ways that you can continue to offer your support:

  • Continue to use your planned giving envelopes, but retain them and bring them along when public masses resume;
  • Set up a standing order, you can print the Standing Order Mandate by following the link, complete it and return to the Parish Office;
  • Set a regular bank transfer please use Sort Code:30-92-59, Account:01408718. The name of the account is ST HUGHS BORROWASH RCP NRCDT BW REG CHAR;
  • If your employer offers a planned giving scheme, please consider setting up a regular payment through that scheme. Usually they use the service provided by the Charities Aid Foundation. Search for St. Hughs Derby when setting up your payment. If you struggle to find it please let us know.

Should you have any difficulties or require advice on how to continue your support please contact Fr David directly or email the parish office using office@stalbansderby.org.uk. It would be most helpful if whatever you decide to do, that you contact Fr. David or the Parish Office, so that intially we can verify that everything has been set up correctly.

Are you a UK tax payer?

Your gift to the Church, when given with the benefit of a Gift Aid Declaration, greatly increases the value of the donation. This is because, as a charity, we are able to claim back from the government an amount representing the basic rate tax which you have paid on the amount of your donation. If you do pay income tax or capital gains tax will you consider completing a GiftAid Declaration? If you are happy to do so please contact the Parish Office office@stalbansderby.org.uk.

If you are a higher rate taxpayer you can also claim the higher rate tax back on your annual tax return.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s