For details of everthing happening in our parish this Advent and Christmas follow the link:
6:00pm Bible story ‘Moses and the Burning Bush’ Input
For Children & Adults followed by a variety of Prayer Stations and a quiet time with Jesus.
7:00pm Fireworks & Food
All are welcome and we encourage anyone, young or old, who has a Halloween costume to wear it once again. Just like last year we will be providing chilli, hot dogs, chilli dogs and teas and coffees at a small cost and all funds will go to the Youth Group’s Christmas Party. If you want to bring something stronger to drink, please bring it along with you. We look forward to seeing you
St Alban’s, St Hugh’s and The Church on Oakwood are putting on ‘Born For This’, a Lentern reflection delivered through Music, Poetry and Drama.
This is a powerful presentation of the Stations of the Cross open to all ages. We will prepare on Wednesday evenings during Lent and the performance will be on Friday 12th April – as our final Stations of the Cross.
Please click here: https://goo.gl/forms/z3zCtLNoIEUVVhgi1
Sign up and state your preference for rehearsal timings.
Alternatively fill in the sign up sheet that will be at the back of Church.
We are very excited by this project and look forward to seeing many of you there.
Any questions please see Jo or Geoff Rowlands.
We are now approaching the fourth and final Sunday of Advent. Advent is a time where we wait for an encounter with God. We’re not only remembering and preparing to celebrate His coming as a tiny, vulnerable baby boy, born in Bethlehem on that first Christmas morning, but we’re waiting for God to come into our hearts and minds in a deep spiritual way as well.
Why is Christmas such an important festival for us? Because, as Christians, we already share in the life of Jesus in a very special way. At Christmas time, we need to try extra hard to make that encounter with Jesus into something real.
Let’s share with family and friends the gift of Jesus that God the Father gives to each of us. “Peace and Goodwill to All” the angels sang, “Joy to the World”. Peace, goodwill and joy can become a reality through us this year.
So let’s open our lives to the Lord, let’s celebrate our ‘faith’ at Christmas: “O Come Let Us Adore Him, Christ The Lord”!
May God bless you in your journey of Advent and in the season of Christmas
Events in the run up to, and our Christmas Celebrations
- Tuesday 18th — Sacrament of Reconcilliation 7pm at St. Mary’s Bridgegate
- Wednesday 19th — Mass at St. Hugh’s Borrowash
- Wednesday 19th — Carols on the Circus 4pm at Sussex Circus
- Wednesday 19th — Advent House Mass 7pm – Contact Parish Office for details
- Wednesday 19th — Sacrament of Reconcilliation 7pm at Our Lady of Lourdes, Mickleover
- Thursday 20th — St. Alban’s School Carol Service 2pm at St. Alban’s Chaddesden
- Thursday 20th — Parish Carol Service 7pm at St. Alban’s Chaddesden
- Friday 21st — Adoration and Reconcilliation 7-7.30am at St. Hugh’s Borrowash
- Friday 21st — Mass 7am at St. Hugh’s Borrowash
- Friday 21st — Sacrament of Reconcilliation 7pm at English Martyrs, Alvaston
- Saturday 22nd — Adoration and Reconcilliation 9-9.45am at St. Alban’s
- Saturday 22nd — Carols at the Precinct – 10am Oakwood District Centre, Bishops Drive, Oakwood
- Saturday 22nd — Parish Vigil Mass Fourth Sunday of Advent 6.30pm The Church on Oakwood
- Sunday 23nd — Parish Mass Fourth Sunday of Advent 9am at St. Hugh’s Church Borrowash
- Sunday 23nd — Parish Mass Fourth Sunday of Advent 10.30am at St. Alban’s Chaddesden
- Monday 24th — Christmas Vigil Mass 4.30pm at St. Alban’s Chaddesden
- Monday 24th — Christmas Carols 6pm and Vigil Mass 6.30pm at St. Hugh’s Borrowash
- Tuesday 25th — Christmas Mass 8.30am The Church on Oakwood
- Tuesday 25th — Christmas Mass 10.30am at St. Alban’s Chaddesden
- Wednesday 26th – St. Stephen’s Day Mass 10am at St. Hugh’s Church Borrowash
A great week, a great afternoon, some great performances and a great audience!
Thank you so much to all cast and crew, refreshments organisers, welcomers, and anyone who drove people to and from the church.
What a fabulous combined community we have!
Fr David will be joining the BBC Radio Derby – Sunday Faith show on 22nd April (around 7.45 – 8.30am). He will be talking about St George, whose Saints day we celebrate on Monday next week.
A recording of the show will be available on the Radio Derby website if you would like to listen: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p063545k