St Alban’s, St Hugh’s and The Church on Oakwood are putting on ‘Born For This’, a Lentern reflection delivered through Music, Poetry and Drama.
This is a powerful presentation of the Stations of the Cross open to all ages. We will prepare on Wednesday evenings during Lent and the performance will be on Friday 12th April – as our final Stations of the Cross.
Please click here: https://goo.gl/forms/z3zCtLNoIEUVVhgi1
Sign up and state your preference for rehearsal timings.
Alternatively fill in the sign up sheet that will be at the back of Church.
We are very excited by this project and look forward to seeing many of you there.
Any questions please see Jo or Geoff Rowlands.
Lent is our special season of preparation and renewal — preparing our hearts to grow closer to the Lord and remembering what our faith means to us. It really is an important six weeks to use well and wisely.
Every year, Lent ends with the greatest expression of selfless giving — through the passion and death of Jesus, he gives himself to us in love which climaxes in his glorious Resurrection.
We can give something of ourselves to him as we work our way through Lent; journey with him through the Stations of the Cross, try to get to Mass more regularly and through our self-denial and good works we can show our gratitude to the Lord for offering us, through his Resurrection, the promise of life with him in heaven.
Let’s respond if we can to God calling us through the prophet Joel to ‘Come back to me with all your heart’. With open hearts, this is our chance to do just that—to come back to our God of love and enjoy a new, fresh relationship with him.
Getting to the Heart of Faith:
Two inspiring talks on Jesus Christ will be given by Rev Michael Hooton, a Biblical Theologian, at 7.30pm St Hugh’s Borrowash on:
- Wednesday 26th March
- Wednesday 9th April
Journeying Through Lent:
Each week ‘Churches Together’ in Chaddesden & Oakwood will reflect on the Gospel readings for Lent. Tea & coffee from 7.00pm. Starts at 7.30pm.
- Thursday 13th March, St Philips Church
- Thursday 20th March, The Church on Oakwood
- Thursday 27th March, St Alban’s Church
- Thursday 3rd April, The Church on Oakwood
- Thursday 10th April, Mayfield Rd Methodist Church
- Tuesday 1st April, Passover Celebration, St Hugh’s Borrowash at 7.30pm (Canon Mervyn Tower will lead this celebration).
- Tuesday 15th April: Passover Celebration at The Church on Oakwood. Starts at 7.30pm.
Ecumenical Prayer Meetings in Borrowash & Ockbrook (all starting at 12 noon):
- Thursday 13th March, Moravian Church Ockbrook
- Thursday 20th March, All Saints’ Church Ockbrook
- Thursday 27th March, St Hugh’s Church Borrowash
- Thursday 3rd April, Methodist Chapel Borrowash
- Thursday 10th April, St Stephen’s Church Borrowash
Finding God in the Word during Lent:
Exploring the Gospel through listening, stillness and prayer at St Alban’s Parish Centre at 7.30pm on
- Tuesday 11th March
- Tuesday 18th March
- Tuesday 25th March
- Tuesday 1st April
Services of Reconciliation and Penance (All services begin at 7.00pm)
- Thursday 10th April at St George’s, Village St
- Friday 11th April at Our Lady’s, Mickleover
- Monday 14th April at St Mary’s, Bridge Gate
- Tuesday 15th at English Martyrs, Alvaston
- St Hugh’s: Saturday 12th April, 10.00am-10.30am
- St Alban’s: Every Saturday during Lent, 5.30pm-6.00pm
Stations of the Cross
Friday’s during Lent beginning at 7.00pm (soup and a roll will be served in the Parish Hall’s after the services)
- 14th March – St Hugh’s Borrowash
- 21st March – St Alban’s Church
- 28th March – St Hugh’s Borrowash
- 4th April – St Alban’s Church
- 11th April – St Hugh’s Borrowash